You cannot get enough of the blues. Which is why there will be a second annual Reading Blues Fest Nov. 16 through 18, primarily at the DoubleTree by Hilton Reading.
Once again, the festival is being presented by Berks Arts Council with John Ernesto as fest general manager — the same folks who bring you Boscov’s Berks Jazz Fest.
Rock and Rock Hall of Fame inductee and Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award recipient Booker T. Jones is the headliner while Reading Blues Fest also is stocked with plenty of other extraordinary artists.
Jones plus Ruthie Foster featuring DOXA Gospel Ensemble will bring A Night of Soulful Blues to the DoubleTree Grand Ballroom on Friday, Nov. 16, at 8 p.m.
Jones was one of the architects of the Memphis soul sound of the 1960s as the leader of Booker T. & the MG’s, who scored a number of hits on their own as well as serving as the Stax Records house band.
He arguably is the most famous Hammond B3 player in history with his trademark keyboard chops elevating him into a pillar of soul music.
Boscov’s Berks Jazz Fest Fans Have Privileges
As a Berks Jazz Fest fan, you are entitled to special savings and opportunities on The Jazz Cruise or the Blue Note at Sea cruise!
1) $250 onboard credit per stateroom
2) Private Berks Jazz Fest Meet & Greet Cocktail Party with musicians
3) 2 free “Front Row” tickets to the 2019 Boscov’s Berks Jazz Fest (concert of your choice) regardless of which cruise you select.
4) If you wish to sail for two weeks (back-to-back), then your privileges will be more expansive.
5) For more information, call the office (toll free) at 888.852.9987
6) Be sure to mention Promo Code BERKS
7) CLICK HERE to check out video from this year’s Blue Note at Sea cruise!